MINIMALLY INVASIVE SURGERY
Laparoscopic surgery is done through one or more small incisions (keyholes), using small tubes and tiny video cameras and surgical instruments.
Our team of Advanced Laparoscopy has invented a new technique of Scarless Stitchless Laparoscopic surgery which is the latest in Minimally Invasive Gynaecology which has highest cosmetic value and hence called as Cosmetic Laparoscopy. Other than cosmesis this technique causes least pain, minimal blood loss and no incidence of hernia.
COMMON LAPAROSCOPIC PROCEDURES
- Total Laparoscopic hysterectomy: hysterectomy specifically implies removal of the uterus only.
- Laparoscopic Myomectomy: removal of benign fibroid tumors (myomas) laparoscopically. Fibroids are very common benign muscle tumors. They are often associated with abnormal bleeding, dysmenorrhea, abortion, infertility or, if large, pressure-like symptoms.
- Laparoscopic Ovarian Cystectomy: the goal of this procedure is to remove a benign ovarian cyst and preserve the normal ovarian tissue.
- Laparoscopic Oophorectomy: removing one or both of the ovaries laparoscopically.
- Laparoscopic Removal of Endometriosis: full surgical excision or destruction of any endometriosis implants.
- Laparoscopic Procedures for Pelvic Organ Prolapse: uterosacral ligament plication. Laparoscopic presacral colpopexy.
- Laparoscopic Radical Hysterectomy: Alongwith uterus surrounding tissues are also removed for proper clearance of cancerous tissue. This surgery is done for cervical cancer cases
- Laparoscopic Pelvic Lymph Node Dissection: The Lymph nodes which are the first sites for spread of cancer are removed to check the stage of cancer.
- Laparoscopic Salpingectomy for Ectopic Pregnancy
- Laparoscopic surgery for ovarian torsion: Ovarian torsion occurs in enlarged ovary and most commonly in cases of ovarian dermoid cyst. This is an emergency and if not operated and tetwisted this can jeopardise the ovary.
- Laparoscopic Cervical Cerclage: In cases of cervical incompetence when the vaginal cervical cerclage has failed in the previous pregnancy, Laparoscopic cervical cerclage is indicated. We prefer to do this surgery in the inter pregnancy period.
- Laparoscopic Tuboplasty: In Cases of infertility with tubal pathology, block and adhesions, tuboplasty opens the fallopian tube and restores the anatomy.